You’re Cordially Invited for The Book Club That Doesn’t Read
I’ve been in two book clubs for a short amount of time – but for one others gave up quickly, and the other didn’t work out for my schedule. Book clubs are awesome. Getting together to talk about books and other things, just to rant or rave about the novels we’ve read sounds like every book lover’s dream. However, it’s hard to get a group of people together, and even harder to fit in a book to read together during a month.
So, if you’re like me and you always fail to read the books you’ve promised to read, yet you do want to have monthly chats with book lovers, join the Book Club That Doesn’t Read!
So what does that mean?
- There will be a chat every month. We’ll find a time by using planning software so we can find a moment that works for everyone
- The chats will be at least one hour – but if you feel like staying and talk some more that’s great
- We’ll either use Skype or Google Hangouts. It really depends on the general consensus, I think it would be fun to do voice chat but if others aren’t comfortable with that we’ll use the text chat feature
- We’ll talk about anything bookish! I’ll think of some themes and questions every month to break the ice, but all suggestions are welcome
- There are no obligatory reads. Ever.
- Everyone is welcome. Even if I don’t know you well, feel free to sign up! I’d love to meet you (:
- It doesn’t matter what kind of books you like. Be it fantasy, YA, classics or erotica, all book lovers are invited
- The first chat will be in early September
Does that sound good to you? Sign up using this form!