This Week’s To Be Read
- Morrigan’s Cross by Nora Roberts
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket
- Revenge of the Living Dummy by R.L. Stine
- Creep from the Deep by R.L. Stine
- Monster Blood for Breakfast! by R.L. Stine
- The Scream of the Haunted Mask by R.L. Stine
Morrigan’s Cross is a nightmare. I put it down months ago, and decided to give it one last try. That lasted exactly ten pages, before I threw it on my donate pile. Won’t be reading any Nora Roberts ever again. Code Name Verity also wasn’t that great a success, and I found it terribly boring. If you’re interested, you can read my review. On the children’s book side, I thoroughly enjoyed blasting through my shiny new Stine books. The Ersatz Elevator was another typical A Series of Unfortunate Events instalment, although one of my less favourites.
- Obsidian Butterfly by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- World War Z by Max Brooks
- Dr. Maniac VS. Robby Schwartz by R.L. Stine
I’m sticking with the horror theme this week! Hopefully this will be the week I finally finish Obsidian Butterfly (which must be the longest Anita Blake book to date). It’s also been a while since I read a classic, so I’m going to read this novella off my Classics Club list. World War Z has been on my TBR since reading Feed by Mira Grant. Opinions seem to differ on this zombie classic, but I hope I’ll enjoy it (even though it probably won’t be as awesome as Feed). And of course, what is a horror week without some good old Goosebumps, represented this week by Dr. Maniac VS. Robby Schwartz. The title promises an epic face-off, I can’t wait!
Have you read any of these books? And what are you reading this week?