The sun is finally shining! After so many dark months of cold and damp, we finally have a reason to grab our books, get a nice cool drink, put our feet in a bath or swimming pool and just lay back, enjoy the sun and a light read.
So, being still dripping wet from swimming, I’m sitting here contemplating about which books I really want to read this summer. Heavy classics or big fat fantasy books are more sitting-in-front-of-a-hearth-with-a-blanket-and-a-mug-of-hot-chocolate kind of thing, so I’m scratching these of my list. I want some nice chick-lit action! (And some PNR/UF/YA of course. Couldn’t live without those.)
So my Chick-Lit Wishlist for Summer ’10:
- Confessions of a Shopaholic – Sophie Kinsella
- Bridget Jones’s Diary – Helen Fielding
- The Devil Wears Prada – Lauren Weisberger
- The Nanny Diaries – Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus
- In Her Shoes – Jennifer Weiner
- The Notebook – Nicholas Sparks
- The Girls’ Guide to Hunting and Fishing – Melissa Bank
- The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants – Ann Brashares
Really hope I can borrow these in the library or from a friend, don’t really want to spend money on them *blushes*. I’m doing a catch up run on chick-lit this summer. Never really read it (as you might see), always liked the unrealism and escapism aspect of fantasy more.